The way this program works, each donation made to the above address will be added up until we reach our goal. Technically, I cannot say that so-and-so bought this or that for the maternity, but I definitely think it's so much more fun to visualize. I'll try to give photo updates of the building as soon as it gets started. To get started, we need to talk about funding.
The total is just over $7,614. That means that if we even got 76 people to donate $100 each... but I know, the economic crisis is still going on and many of you, my friends, are poor college students. We'll just lay it out easy, starting at the foundation.-A donation of $5 will cover the cost of a brick. And we need them!
-We want it to be pretty, so $10 will cover each day's labor for a painter.
-Next up is $15 metal sheet roofing, if that just about covers it for you.
-Or $16 is for our mason. He'll be our main go to guy and he needs to get paid well.
-If $20 is your ceiling, each ceiling tile is $20.
-It would brighten my day if you wanted to donate $25 for the lighting and wiring.
-I would sleep well at night knowing that someone gave $25 for a mattress ($50 for 2!)
-Those mattresses aren't much good without a bed. It's good they each only cost $75!
-Also, the maternity will have to breathe without doing Lamaze, so if you contribute $75, we'll put in a window.
-Let's take a rest, a nice bench is sitting at $85.
Don't let that discourage you from contributing more!
-Leading to Bassa's future, a door is $100.
-The battery (for the solar panel) at $175 keep me going.
-For the paint itself, $200. Who would have known paint was so expensive!
-Loving the sun here (not getting burnt), the solar panel is $300.
-For all the masonry or carpentry, their work works out to be $500.
-You'd be a big supporter if you provided for a $750 wall.
-I'm not full of poop when I say that the latrines cost $1,500.
There are other things I haven't mentioned and much of that is the community's own contribution. They'll be supplying the rocks and gravel and much of the unskilled labor going into this project. There's a lot yet to be done, so please help us out by taking a few minutes to visit this address and donate! Or you can go to www.peacecorps.gov, click "donate" and then enter my last name (Snider) or the project number (688-319).

1 comment:
-Next up is $15 metal sheet roofing, if that just about covers it for you.
Booooooooooo :)
<3 your brother.
Post a Comment